I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Talon rods?
Posted by: Tommy Klimowich (---.mycingular.net)
Date: February 07, 2012 09:39AM

I see talon rods listed as a vendor for the expo. What kind of blanks will they be bringing to the show?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Talon rods?
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.war.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: February 07, 2012 09:53AM

Take a look at www.talon-graphite.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: February 07, 2012 10:33AM

They offer a tremendous selection of rod blanks. I suspect that if you contact them and let them know of any specific blanks you want to see, they'll be sure to have them on hand.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 07, 2012 10:44AM

TOmmy, I am pretty sure they will have a new line of surf blanks designed by John Martines, along with Freshwater blanks and Inshore Saltwater. I'll see if John can post more info

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 07, 2012 06:03PM

We need to limit the ammount of blanks being brought to about 30. In this 30 we are trying to cover the whole catalog of which there are over 600 different actions. We will have Fly, Salmon, Freshwater bass really a variety to show everyone what we have. As Billy mentioned we will also have the new east coast surf plugging blank line there which I'm very happy with. Thanks for your intrest in Talon and see you at the show!!

Posted by: Tommy Klimowich (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 07, 2012 06:37PM

Sounds great. Thanks for the info guys

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: February 08, 2012 08:42AM

John,
will we be able to buy them there at the expo or just look?
Thanks

Posted by: John Martines (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2012 08:14PM

Lou, I do think that we will be selling blanks if someone wants. We are really trying to bring a little of everything to show case what Talon is all about and get the word out that we are still out there making Quality blanks in the USA. I almost forgot to mention we will be showing for the first time a new freshwater line of blanks made up of a high modulus blend of graphite that will be going into production by the time the Expo starts.Thanks John

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 08, 2012 08:16PM

I look forward ot checking these out John. Booth neighbors.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster