I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A suggestion & comment
Posted by: Warren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 19, 2001 11:09AM

Just got my new issue of Rod Maker. As usual absolutely superb!!!!!
I have a suggestion concerning the Conclave. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who for one reason or another cannot go. With me its physical limitation.
Has anyone given any thought to Video taping the affair and then offering them at a price to those of us who can't attend? Obviously one couldn't tape the whole thing but I think that between the board and the magazine you could get pretty good idea of what to tape. I know I'd be more than happy to pay for such a video tape, especially how to information and whats new as well. Just a thought.
AM really glad to see the article on" Surface Preparation" since I do a lot of blank "extensions" to get what I want. Nice to know I've been doing things real close to what the article recommends. Warren

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A suggestion & comment
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: October 19, 2001 11:39AM

Glad you liked the issue. More detailed information on surface prep will be upcoming early next year.

I would suggest taking your suggestion on the Guild Conclave to the Guild board where their officers will see it. I believe they have considered it but do not know where they stand on it or whether or not it will be done this year. It is certainly a good idea.

Posted by: John Kreeger (---.dhcp.missouri.edu)
Date: October 19, 2001 01:24PM

Warren,

There are plans to vidoe tape select portions of the event. I hope you can find the time to attend in person.

Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: October 19, 2001 02:27PM

warren-unless attending the conclave or seminars actually makes you feel uncomfortable there is little reason for not attending,I am almost totally deaf and I have the presenters wear a special mike just for me,you will find that they will all go out of their way to assist you with any problems, in addition you could check with the hotels as to what provisions they can accord you,by law they must comply with the ADA,lastly to the best of my knowledge both rodcrafters and the guild would allow someone to accompany you at no extra charge if you should need someone with you for any medical reason.
John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster