I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

FUJI News...
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 11:15AM

The second Anglers Resource newsletter is about ready to go out and it's turning out to be a great place to let everyone know about up-to-the-minute changes and additions to the Fuji line-up. This month we share news about new micro stripper guides, expanded micro top selections, addition of a "secret" guide popularized by Billy Vivona and info on how to get a copy of Anglers new Height Comparison Chart that compares 19 different Fuji frames in a single chart. Go to [www.anglersresource.net] to sign up and you'll be automatically entered into a drawing for FREE K-series guides. Sign up by Friday and we will make sure you get the current newsletter instead of waiting till next month.

Anglers Resource

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FUJI News...
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 11:41AM

haha, the secret guide!! Gotta love it. Anyone building SW rods with single foot guides will never want to use fly guides again.

Posted by: Chuck Payne (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 16, 2011 12:53PM

Hey Billy have any in stock?

Date: March 16, 2011 01:00PM

I am out of stock, but have more on the way.

Posted by: Dennis Danku (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 01:11PM

Billy, Will you and the secrets be at Somerset this weekend? (Salt Water Expo)

Jim, I think the website is a great idea. As long as Fuji has been around, Its now great to have direct contact to a source for information and to suggest a new product for development.I think its great that Anglers Resource has the open mind to accept the wishes of their consumers. Thank you.

Dennis J. Danku
(Sayreville,NJ)

Posted by: John Sams (---.listmail.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 01:38PM

I am guessing rhe secret guide is a dbl foot with one leg cut off??

Posted by: Bill Napier (---.hosted.static.webnx.com)
Date: March 16, 2011 01:40PM

Nice to see you guys involved with the consumer at this level.

Posted by: Dave Barrett (138.239.75.---)
Date: March 16, 2011 04:14PM

I wish they would bring back the LBSGs. Those are the best guides I ever found for all but the heaviest of tuna stand up rods.

Date: March 16, 2011 04:28PM

The new guide is the TLDBSG. Ther have been photos of the guide on the Angler's Resource catalouge for several years. I've been using them on my own rods since 2006, and have been seling them to others in the North East for Inshore boat & surf rods since that time. As I said, if you build SW rods for boat or surf, where oyu had used single foot fly guides in teh past, you know how easily they are bent, and how much of a PITA is is with the line wrapping around the guide. The angle and shape of these guides allow you ro shake the tip to untangle the line, and the beef of the frame combined with the angle prevents them from getting dinged up in the blink of an eye. And they are Titanium, so you never have to worry about them discoloring.

Posted by: Kyle Robinson (---.cdrr.qwest.net)
Date: March 16, 2011 09:32PM

Great site. Thanks, and thanks Billy! I just signed up!

Kyle Robinson

Posted by: Gabe Nakash (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2011 09:44PM

yo didnt get them yet. will you have them 26th.

i think you still owe me like one or two and a tip top.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 09:45PM by Gabe Nakash.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2011 04:02PM

Like the new guides - No secrete any more The new double foot guides look like M's with a foot added.

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster