I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

shimano blanks ??
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: June 16, 2010 06:03PM

wonder have u guys trying get shimano blanks from thise company ? i'm sure they wouldnt sell any blanks i just like the shimano cruical blanks but one plms they make is SHORT handle i ever fishing with this rod but does like the IM9 graphite but dont know if will any sell a blanks, will trying email them and see what happen ..
i just check it out on 7'11" med/light cating and still want that so i can building with my own favor handle but dont think shimano will ever sell the blanks but IF you have any success to get blank from shimano please post me with name of person who sale production at shimano that i might can contact them...
Josh

Re: shimano blanks ??
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 16, 2010 06:05PM

They do not sell blanks.

Posted by: Gary Charles (---.jan.bellsouth.net)
Date: June 18, 2010 10:57AM

Thank You for starting this Thread, Josh, and Thank You, Tom, for Your reply! I've been curious about Shimano blanks, myself. I have a Shimano CarboMax Casting Rod, CMC-70MH, with the "HyperLoop Construction" that I use for my "all around" bass fishing rod. I put a Shimano Cardiff 300A on it and it is fantastic. I use "semi-customized" 1/8 oz. spinnerbaits alot, and with 12 lb. flourocarbon this rig casts them well, along with 3 1/2" Bass Assassins rigged like a worm with no lead weight...any TopWater Baits, Rat-L-Traps and Shallow Crankbaits, upto 3/8 oz., also cast like a bullet (I don't fish very heavy lures). I recently bought an MHX 7' 10" Mag Bass blank to build a "mostly freshwater" custom and I like the feel of it, so far. I've got a feeling I'll be using more of the MHX blanks.

Posted by: peter gersumky (---.sd.sd.cox.net)
Date: June 19, 2010 04:03AM

Josh Clark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wonder have u guys trying get shimano blanks from
> thise company ? i'm sure they wouldnt sell any
> blanks i just like the shimano cruical blanks but
> one plms they make is SHORT handle i ever fishing
> with this rod but does like the IM9 graphite but
> dont know if will any sell a blanks, will trying
> email them and see what happen ..
> i just check it out on 7'11" med/light cating and
> still want that so i can building with my own
> favor handle but dont think shimano will ever sell
> the blanks but IF you have any success to get
> blank from shimano please post me with name of
> person who sale production at shimano that i might
> can contact them...
> Josh

have the handle lengthened , alot of guys who use thier crucial swimbait rods do this . they do have short handles on their rods . you would think shimano would have already addressed this issue already but they obviously don't seem concerned ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster