I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

THEY ARE HERE and only a video will do them justice!
Posted by: Silvia Davis (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2010 03:32AM

Our inserts have passed our testing and are now available. Pictures just wouldn’t tell the story of this fantastic new item. The item is brand new with patent pending. I made a video tonight so you all can get a good look at them, but please pardon the amateurish effort on my part. Please click here - [www.diamond-ii.info]

For those of you who have been on Lance and Karen’s pre-order list we will send them out first thing Monday morning. Not only will you be getting your inserts, but for the support you always show Lance and Karen we will throw in a few bonus items. You just never know what you might get as a bonus when you sign up for upcoming new items.

If you will visit the DIAMOND II website, Dealers tab, @#$%&dealers.htm , all dealers are ready to take your order for 20mm, 24mm, and 28mm inserts—that fit 20-410, 24-410, 28-410 size bottles.

If you happen to live in the Houston, Texas area we will be speaking to customers and showing all of our new items March 27th at Fishing Tackle Unlimited, “Worlds Largest Tackle Store”, for their Rod Builders Day.

Silvia Davis

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 08:15AM by Tom Kirkman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THEY ARE HERE and only a video will do them justice!
Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: March 27, 2010 10:29AM

Thanks for the main feature - enjoyed the "SHOW" - actually may consider replacing my set of spoons - sure wish you had some "hot buttered popcorn" available so I could watch the show a second time. One problem though - who was holding those rocks you wear during the main feature filming?

In Sti Gator

Date: March 27, 2010 10:41AM

LOL. You're too funny Bill

Silvia Davis

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2010 11:12AM

Silvia

Now tell us, that was magic right ???

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2010 11:51AM

Silvia,

Looks like an amazing addition to the line. Really diggin the tune BTW.

Tony

Date: March 27, 2010 12:03PM

You would sure think so wouldn't you? No, they are self sealing and work just great. The need to drill holes in your caps and then leave your syringe in the cap just isn't necessary any longer. Two other great features—ours have a lip at the top which allow the insert to be retrieved for reuse—they will not push through the bottle neck whereby you lose the insert altogether. Also, try digging one of those out with a utility knife. I have, and it has not only ruined the insert, but the bottle too.

The fantastic thing about the tight seal on these is very little, to no, exposure to air. And as Gene felt very strongly about, this is one of the dominant things that shortens the shelf life of any epoxy—chronic exposure. Even with so many of the inserts on the market, you still have some seepage. You can see for yourself how these perform—great! Not magic, but a great idea and discovery.

Silvia Davis

Date: March 27, 2010 12:06PM

Tony,

I owe you an email and I am sorry. Things have been crazy here!! Your rod is ready to go and I will send it Monday. I will open it up again and throw a couple of these in so look for them.

Silvia Davis

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2010 12:28PM

Pretty niffty Silvia!

Say Hi to all my TRB friends in Houston & at FTU for me.

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2010 12:33PM by Raymond Adams.

Posted by: Tony Politi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2010 12:46PM

Silvia, no apology necessary. Hope things are crazy in a good way, LOL. Will keep my eyes open for the delivery truck,. I see I made the photo gallery on you site, pretty cool. If anyone asks I'm the ugly one next to the pretty lady. LOL.

Tony

Posted by: Rena Hall (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: March 28, 2010 10:37AM

Silvia,

Great Product and video demonstration.

Although Perma Gloss is a competitor's product, If the seals will work with it, then you have solved a age old problem, for which many rod builders will be grateful.

Rena

Date: March 28, 2010 11:00AM

Rena,

I have to agree that these are really a super item. The one thing I would suggest is to test these with any product you will be using them with if it is not ours. One easy way would be the way we did in many of our tests. When you get your insert, turn it upside down, pour your product into the insert and mix or stir. After leaving it in as long as the product will stand, depending on pot life, then test it on scrap to make sure that you will not have any issues with your final application. Once it has cured, you will have the "proof in the pudding" so to speak.

By the way, I couldn’t be happier to accommodate U-40 products—great folks at Trondak.

The "magic" of this insert is a patented seal on the inside. My instant concern when I began considering these was whether it was silicone, it is NOT. The material is a bit of a secret so testing was the only way we could know for sure, and we always test our products before releasing them to rod builders anyway so it wasn't a problem.

This little insert has held up to anything we have thrown at it.

Silvia Davis

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster