I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

CRB Bubble Buster - NEW!
Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.84.118.70.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 05:54PM

Mud Hole Custom Tackle is pleased to introduce a completely new item to the rod building industry - CRB Bubble Buster. If you have trouble getting unwanted bubble out of your epoxy and the use of an open flame is not acceptable, the CRB Bubble Buster is for you. The results are truly amazing! Epoxy bubble disappear in the blink-of-an-eye!! The CRB Bubble Buster is another item to put in your tool box to help you build your next custom fishing rod.

Just Spray It and forget It!

Watch the video and see the 2 part epoxy bubble disappear before your eyes!
[www.mudhole.com]

Designed "By Rod Builders For Rod Builders" by the talented staff at Mud Hole Custom Tackle.

Don't believe us? We gave away samples at the ICRBE, below is one review:
"Guys, I used the Bubble Buster for the first time last night on a test batch of epoxy that i whipped into a foaming froth, I spayed once and did not believe what happened! The bubbles disappeared. Not believing my eyes, I did it again, and again - clear epoxy each time! Gaining some faith in it, I used in on an MHX blank I was building, the epoxy bubbles popped right out and the epoxy hardened shinny and clear. The stuff is amazing! You've got a real winner! You guys are the BEST, keep up the great work, thanks for the sample" - Greg

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CRB Bubble Buster - NEW!
Posted by: Tony Woodruff (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 06:19PM

wow, that would change alot of things for me, I haven't tried other things on a build because of fear that my finish might screw up, looks intresting to me to get some.

way to go guys

Posted by: Larry Damore (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 07:09PM

Can you spary that stuff directly onto the finished rod? very interesting.

Posted by: Terry Morrell (---.dsl.wch2ks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 23, 2010 08:10PM

Does it leave a residue so you can't apply another coat ?

Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2010 10:47PM

I have a couple of questions.

I noticed that right after you spayed it, the rate at which the epoxy was spreading/leveling out noticeable increased.
Does that mean this stuff is affecting the viscosity of the epoxy by thinning it, and if so have you studied how this will affect the long term integrity of the cured epoxy?

I also noticed some residue left behind by the dried product. What effect does this have on a second coat of epoxy?

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2010 01:27PM

Thanks Guys;

Steve - yes, it releases the surface tension, in doing that it allows the epoxy to flow (spread out) better/easier. In rod building, that helps in the leveling of epoxy without the need for heat.

Regarding a second coat of epoxy - yes you can add a second coat of epoxy after the first coat of epoxy sets.

Regarding residue - no the actual product does not leave any residue, however we always recommend whipping off any area before applying a second coat of epoxy.

Regarding Application - the video is only to demonstrate how well the Bubble Buster works - in real life, rod builders would apply 2 part epoxy to a rod as the normally would, than spray the Bubble Buster on the epoxy on the rod for the bubbles to release.

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2010 01:45PM by Mud Hole Custom Tackle.

Posted by: Jeff Mahnken (---.supptctr.clemson.edu)
Date: March 25, 2010 09:37AM

This Stuff works Great. I got some at ICRBE. Sorry Mud hole That I have not responded to tell you my results. I didn't have any peanut butter! That's Right Because one excuse is as good as another! LOL

Posted by: Tony Woodruff (---.static.evv.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 26, 2010 02:42PM

Any special offer for shipping for those of us that would like to buy a bottle right now to try? Don't hurt to ask, lol

Posted by: lorenzo tellez (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: June 21, 2010 11:52AM

will this bubble buster work on any finish like Diamond II finish, i just want something just in case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster