I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

St.Croix decal
Posted by: Dennis (---.o1.com)
Date: October 03, 2001 11:37PM

I getting ready to install the decal that came with my St.Croix rod. I did not notice any instructions with it. Do I soak it in warm water then apply it? Do I need to epoxy over the decal after it is installed?

Input apprecitated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: St.Croix decal
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: October 03, 2001 11:46PM

Dennis,
If you have the normal decals that come with St. Croix blanks these are peel off 'sticky' decals that apply directly to the blank.
No soaking in water.

Try applying by centering the decal across the blank while the decal is partially just removed from the backing. It's easier to control this way, and then use something like a plastic burnishing tool from the center out to the edge rubbing back and forth not allowing any bubble to settle in between the blank and the decal.

I hope I expained this right. It's really easier to do than talk about.

The new blanks (2002) have the labels with the blank model and ratings information. Way cool, but I also liked the 'old' gold print logo labels.

good luck

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel

Posted by: Coach (---.gnt.com)
Date: October 04, 2001 12:02AM

A printer and decal maker told me to take a squirt bottle and fill with water and add 1 drop of prell dish washing liquid and spray it on the blank and the decal will slide easily and when you rub the decal, the water dissipates and wipe with a cloth and that is it. I may get schooled on this, but it works for me.

Posted by: Mitch Bergquist (---.dialup.scc.net)
Date: October 04, 2001 09:49AM

Dennis, after you get your label on, take and
wrap over it with size A thread. Ny wrapping
over it you take out all the bubbles and it also
sticks better. Leave it wrapped for a little while
then take the thread off and then varnish over it.
Hopes this helps, good luck Mitch

Posted by: jnail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: October 04, 2001 07:39PM

I just put on 2 of the gold st croix decals, what I did to get the air out was to get a peice of really heavy thread, EE I think, or string would work, doubled it , and held by the ends, over the rod, pulled it back and forth( turkish towel method) , starting at the middle and working towards the ends. there is no air visible now that I put on the flex-coat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster