I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Micro guides
Posted by: Bryan Burbank (97.66.104.---)
Date: December 01, 2009 12:37PM

Interesting story Boyd Duckett announced that he will produce rods with micro guides.
He stated that we developed these rods by getting a lot of input from custom rod
builders who know what they're doing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Micro guides
Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:07PM

Yeah,
Nice plug!

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Chuck Mills (---.grenergy.com)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:12PM

Saw that. Good stuff! I wonder when we'll see them on low end rods everywhere?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 05:12PM by Chuck Mills.

Posted by: Peter Sprague (---.reverse.vilayer.com)
Date: December 01, 2009 01:19PM

Trey Kistler also gave custom rod builders a nice plug when he announced that he would begin using them on some of his rods.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 01, 2009 02:24PM

After a while there will probably be a lot of Re-wraps.

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Andrew Metzger (---.afspc.af.mil)
Date: December 01, 2009 02:57PM

Trey is not offering a spiral wrap though....

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: December 01, 2009 08:23PM

If you look at previous posts... it was stated you'd be seeing some manufacturers offering micros - so not really any surprises there.

Bill - Kistler already said they would rewrap whatever you wanted - three different levels of guides. Offered pricing and all. It was mentioned on an earlier post here as well. Heard of two people who sent in rods and at this point it's been well over 2 weeks with no response regarding the rewraps.

-----------------
AD

Posted by: mike harris (---.borgwarner.com)
Date: December 02, 2009 01:35PM

I have been doing a lot of rewraps lately, most of them I have been stripping down to a bare blank and completely rebuilding from scratch. It is not especially profitable since it takes so much labor to get the blank perfectly stripped, but I feel that it is a great marketing opportunity. When you build someone a rod on a new blank he doesn’t know how much the blank or the build contributed to how the rod performs. When you rebuild a rod that he already had and knew how it felt before, he can see right away how much difference a high quality custom build can make. On most rods I have been able to see a 20-25% reduction in weight on the same blank when I rewrap with micro guides, split handle, split seat, and keep everything as light as possible.

Date: December 02, 2009 06:46PM

Alex -- I am waiting for info on that also

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Alex Dziengielewski (24.145.81.---)
Date: December 02, 2009 10:18PM

Bill - you mean what the results are?

-----------------
AD

Date: December 04, 2009 06:39PM

Yes

Bill - willierods.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster