I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Loomis Blanks
Posted by: Walt Davenport (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: May 07, 2009 04:30PM

Does anyone have any info on the new line of Gary Loomis blanks coming to the market?

Walt Davenport
"Roadhouse Rods"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Loomis Blanks
Posted by: Scott Sheets (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 07, 2009 04:45PM

Hah, we must have been posting at the same time. Tom you can delete my post if you want.

Scott Sheets
www.smsrods.com

Posted by: Ben Hurlstone (---.perm.iinet.net.au)
Date: May 07, 2009 10:12PM

yes please spill some beans if anyone knows anything! would like to know what sorta stuff he is releasing, casting, spinning fly??

Posted by: ridge orjalesa (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: May 07, 2009 10:19PM

any surf 1 piece?

Posted by: Ted Culin (---.ptldor.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 08, 2009 01:49AM

Ok from the other post'

I talked to one of my buddies who is on the Shimano Pro Staff and I guess Gary is working with a company called North Fork Composites. Sort of reminiscent of LCI isn't it. I got that same e-mail today, sort of interested in seeing the flyer. He tells me that Shimano owns the name so I don't think you will see anything that says Loomis on the blanks. Should be interesting. I'm sort of curious if the Non-Compete agreement they had has lapsed or not

Thank you whoever you are

WWW.WeSeekHerRods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 08, 2009 07:54AM

They are in a legal dispute with Shimano presently. Gary will not be heavily involved in the new company any more than he has been in the past several years - this is not an entirely new venture.

Posted by: Ted Culin (---.ptldor.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 08, 2009 10:49AM

I don't doubt it. It sure raises an interesting question leagally when a trade name is your name

Thank you whoever you are

WWW.WeSeekHerRods.com

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 08, 2009 11:11AM

There's a little more to it that than, but the issue is that the name "G. Loomis, Inc" is a legally registered trademark and is owned by Shimano Corp. The legal question will be how the Loomis name is used and whether it's used to sell a similar line of products.

Posted by: Phil Paterson (---.vc.shawcable.net)
Date: May 09, 2009 01:34AM

"this is not an entirely new venture. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes I used to have a bookmark for the company that was going to be producing a Gary Loomis designed product but the site went down and that's all she wrote until I read about the 'rest of the story' here today.

Thanks to everyone for the update.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster