I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Still having printing problems
Posted by: David Page (---.49.31.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: April 03, 2009 07:35PM

I posted a few days ago about some problems I'm having printing my decals. Just to revisit things real quick, I have an HP Photosmart C4440 AIO printer (just purchased, old one went by-by) with HP Vivera ink. I'm using the white vinyl inkjet paper from texascraft and it just plain won't print them right. I've tried ALL of the print cartridges available for this printer and ALL of the settings for it trying to find the one that printed the best. No matter what the setting or cartridge it the printing just looks awful. Most of the settings it looks like the ink is just beading up on the paper. I've only gotten it to print once where it didn't do this and it was VERY light almost like it was faded. I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't the paper rather than the printer. I had to order this paper directly from texascraft rather than from Swampland. Lance was out at the time and I had to have it. Has anyone else had this problem? I've gone through a number of the sheets trying to figure it out and I don't want to keep wasting my money.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still having printing problems
Posted by: Bobby Feazel (---.55.155.207.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: April 03, 2009 07:42PM

David

Give me a call and lets solve this problem once and for all. The white vinyl is absolutely hard to get wrong.

Bobby
409-625-1382

Posted by: mike harris (---.dhcp-v.spbg.sc.charter.com)
Date: April 03, 2009 08:26PM

Are you sure you are printing on the right side? If it is a HP180Ëš feed you need to put the surface to be printed on facing down.

Posted by: John Zarski (---.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: April 04, 2009 06:37AM

I had the same issue. I set my printer settings to default and the problem was fixed. Seemed like it was putting to much ink on the paper and beeding up. Prints the best with the default settings (Plain white paper with normal ink settings) Good luck, keep us posted

Posted by: Bill Stevens (---.br.br.cox.net)
Date: April 04, 2009 01:36PM

David did you talk to Bobby a second time yesterday? He will be on the water all day (Saturday)

Please verify that this is the description of the media you received from the supplier -

Inkjet White Waterproof Vinyl 8.5" X 11 Matte White

The SKU on the shipping paper if you ordered 8.5 x 11 should say WVF8511GW -

Texas Craft also sells a media that is to be used with laser printers and the possibility exists that you could have received the incorrect media. The possibility exists that the error could be yours if you ordered on line or theirs when pulling the order.

If there is any doubt send me an email and I will send you some complimentary from my stock.

Posted by: David Page (---.50.31.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: April 04, 2009 03:53PM

I did speak to Bobby a second time yesterday Bill. He seemed pretty convinced that I have the laser printer media. I took one that I printed out about a week ago and could wipe the ink off with no effort at all and that's what convinced him I suppose. He also asked me for the sku and said that they matched his. He gave me the name of the contact at Texascraft and I have an email in to him. So for now I'm stuck waiting on a response from him. I appreciate yours and Bobby's help.

David Page
E-town, KY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster