I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Outcast blanks
Posted by: Ed Kindervater (---.RCMD.splitrock.net)
Date: June 23, 2001 09:28PM

I have a customer who has an intrest in the Outcast trolling rods. Does anybody have any info on these blanks? quality? fishability?durability? I know they come from Hawaii but I have not been able to find anybody that has them. Thanks

ps I love the new site you did a great job

Ed Kindervater
Classic Custom Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Outcast blanks
Posted by: Neil W. Messick (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: June 23, 2001 09:40PM

You might try some of the B&t shops at the OBX,there are a number of them listed in the Links at Fish Mojo.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: June 24, 2001 08:50AM

OutCast blanks are the brainchild of Ken Kimura of Hawai. He has these made to his specs at an overseas facility. I received some of the very first ones to roll off the line, including several surf and saltwater spinning models. I was very impressed.

The finish is the first thing that strikes you. Very unique Chameleon finish that changes from purple to gold to aqua to teal depending upon how the light strikes it. But once you get away from that you are also impressed by the power to weight ratio. Very light yet powerful blanks. When I run into blanks that have this kink of power and so little weight my first concern in durability - will they hold up. Thus far, the OutCast blanks seem to be holding up well.

I think Mud Hole Tackle is carrying them. Hit the link to the left and inquire about them.

Tom Kirkman
RodMaker Magazine
www.rodmakermagazine.com

Posted by: Tom McNamara (---.26.30.oviedo.cfl.rr.com)
Date: June 24, 2001 10:35AM

Yes we are carrying them and stock them in the shop. They are available for order and viewing on-line as well. Like Tom K. said, the power to weight ratio is very good. The finish is out of this world (see for your self the chameleon finish in the on-line photo). They make a chrome (like the bumper of your car) trolling blank that might interest you as well. In general the action of the trolling blanks is moderate.

Tom McNamara
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
[www.mudhole.com]
Phone: (407) 277-0099

Posted by: Ed Kindervater (---.RCMD.splitrock.net)
Date: June 24, 2001 10:50PM

Thanks for the info guys. Tom, I'll be giving you a call this week.

Ed Kindervater
Classic Custom Rods

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster