I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Bingham Enterprises
Posted by: Cody Vickers (---.dsl.ltrkar.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 26, 2009 11:05PM

Did you guys get my order from yesterday or my email from earlier today?? I tried email but cannot get an answer, I have since seen you guys post on here though, so maybe this will work.

Thanks
Cody Vickers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bingham Enterprises
Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 27, 2009 01:17AM

A phone call would be the best bet. Don't know how often they check here or if they will even see your post

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: January 27, 2009 05:57AM

Until thursday I am working 12 hour days, and haven't had time to call. May not today. I emailed them, and I figured this might be worth a shot.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 27, 2009 07:40AM

If Karen's busy, she won't have time to see your post here. A phone call is the best way to check.

Posted by: Brian Murray (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 01:30PM

Bingham has always been like that you never know when they'll get back to you, whether it be a voice mail or e-mail and they have been in business for 27 years, can't rely on them.

Date: January 27, 2009 01:36PM

That's a very unfair assessment. The fact that they've been in business for 27 years says a good about the fact that you can indeed rely on them. I'm in the same boat Karen is - I have no staff, no secretary. I do everything here, from publishing a magazine, to setting up the Expo, to answering over 100 emails a day. Between all that I have to update subscriber databases, answer phone calls, fill orders, clean bathrooms, help forum users remember their passwords, etc., etc. etc. All single person, full time businesses are like this.

Karen might be at the post office getting out some shipments to other customers. She might be on the phone helping somebody pick out components. She might be unpacking an incoming order, or any number of other things. Remember, just because you're not busy doesn't mean someone else isn't.

Posted by: Cody Vickers (---.dsl.ltrkar.swbell.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 02:07PM

It is all worked out. She got back to me this morning and she had emailed me yesterday but something was going on with my email, I had a few other emails that never came through yesterday. I have no reason to think less of them, and I don't.

Posted by: Brian Murray (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 02:54PM

Who's talking about you Tom, I'm just giving you my expierience with them, and If a business is that busy to accomadate the customer as you are then I would think you had better get some help

Posted by: Robert Tignor (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 02:58PM

Way to go Tom . It is a lot more to it than a lot of people think. I agree that comment was very unfair

Posted by: armand flies (86.96.226.---)
Date: January 27, 2009 04:03PM

Karen gave me good rates, friendly and patient assistance, and went beyond what could be expected. Thanks Bingham.

Date: January 27, 2009 04:13PM

Same here armand, she even threw in an extra guide because she didn't have the exact size of the one I ordered and wanted me to have one I was happy with. I haven't received my order yet but she went out of her way to help me get what I wanted.

By the way Tom, I have internet at work but it is extremely loud and usually pointless to try to talk on the phone. Therefore on work days I try to stick to email.

Date: January 27, 2009 05:03PM

Brian,

I'm not set up to make any profit and that's by design. You're using and benefitting from this site right now at no cost to you. In order to put on help, I'll have to start charging you. How much are you willing to pay to use this forum and its related features?

No one is saying you have to use Bingham for anything, but it's unfair to criticize hard working people just because they aren't able to accommodate you in the way you believe they should. You are always free to go elsewhere without taking a cheap shot at someone.

Another thing that many need to remember - a few guys are quick to jump on dealers about perceived problems and supposed difficulties, but I can assure you that most of the dealers and companies listed in the sponsor list have had major trouble with certain rod builders but just let it go. For instance, a builder once supplied a dealer with credit cards that wouldn't process, over and over again. But the dealer didn't use this forum to make crass comments about him. Get the hint?

You don't see them (the dealers) using this forum to put the bad word on certain individuals. Nor am I going to allow builders to use this forum to put the bad word on companies that they have a personal disregard for. We don't do that here.

Date: January 27, 2009 05:51PM

Tom, You are welcome to close/delete this thread. I know it is your site and I don't have to tell you that. But, I did not open it with the intention to get anyone started bashing a sponsor or anyone else for that matter. I apologize for opening this can of worms, it was definitely not my intention. I expected a couple comments advising me to call but other than that I just hoped they would see the post and get back to me. I had forgotten at the time about the email problems I had yesterday and wasn't making the connection between the two or I would not have posted it. Bottom line, it was an over reaction on my part and the problem is solved with, I think, both concerned parties still in good graces. Karen helped me out with what I needed, has processed my order and will ship it out tomorrow. I don't see any more reason for comment on the subject. It seems that this thread isn't headed for anything else positive.

Date: January 27, 2009 05:54PM

It's not your fault, and in the wisdom of the old saying "Any talk is good talk" I can assure you that even as much as I hate to see such a comment made, it usually winds up benefitting the dealer. Karen will experience a sales increase this week. Wait and see.

Date: January 27, 2009 07:55PM

I hope so.

Posted by: Raymond Adams (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 08:27PM

27yrs speaks volumes in this industry. nuf said...

Raymond Adams
Eventually, all things merge, and a river runs through it..

Posted by: Gavin Schar (---.cache.isnet.net)
Date: January 29, 2009 07:12AM

I dont intend to be drawn into the debate. Just wanted to say that a day or two ago I e-mailed Bingham - it was a minor e-mail far less important to them than actual orders. However within a few minutes I had a pleasant response from Karen. This was teh first intereaction I have had with Bingham and I must say I was very impressed. Perhaps others have had negative experiences but for what its worth mine was very good.

Date: January 29, 2009 10:19AM

More often a dealer will have a bad experience with a customer and decide not to do business with him any longer.

Date: January 31, 2009 10:40AM

Well, Just an update, I received my order and she through in an extra stripper guide that was a little different than the one I had ordered because she thought maybe I wouldn't be happy with the one I ordered and also a couple extra guides, and I received the order yesterday on top of that. I am very happy with her service!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster