I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Need some help with US law/shipment lost problem
Posted by: Harald Runde (---.student.uib.no)
Date: November 13, 2002 10:28AM

Hi guys!

Early in september this year I ordered some flyfishing stuff from an american online store.

I`ve waited for it up to some days ago. Finally I searched for the shipment on the General Parcel internet site (european company co-working with USPS). There it said that the package was lost by the norwegian company Nor Cargo.Nor Cargo says it`s probably gone forever.

The question now is:

What do you do in the US to solve this kind of a problem?

You`ve paid in advance for goods which will never arrive.

My guess is that I`ll have to claim money back or new equipment from the shop. Than the shop must file a complaint against USPS to get it`s expenses covered. The USPS than claims money from GP and GP claims money from NC. Am I dead wrong?

Thank you very much for reading my post!

Hope someone has an idea of what to do.

HJR

(I also posted this on the VFS board, but because I know there are so many companies visiting this site I thought it would be clever to put the post on this board to; )

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need some help with US law/shipment lost problem
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.WLDF.splitrock.net)
Date: November 13, 2002 10:49AM

You're in for quite a time. One of the reasons that I stopped foreign subscriptions to RodMaker was for this very same reason - lost mailings and no one wishing to be accountable.

If the company you ordered the merchandise from did not insure it, you or they, are probably out. If it was insured, there could still be some problems as somebody will have to ascertain exactly whose hands the parcel was in when it went missing. If it was already outside of the USPS hands, then another problem confronts you.

I have talked with several USPS people about how international mailings work and gotten several answers - some so odd that I find them hard to believe. Some told me that mailings were reciprocal and that the postage you pay to the USPS stays with them and the country where the parcel is going delivers it for free, with the understanding that anything they ship over here will be delivered by our Postal System, for free. It's hard for me to believe that is the system in use, but that's what more than one has told me and according to them, is why missing parcels seldom receive claim payments.

At any rate, the company you ordered from should be the ones to satisfy you. Unless they mentioned that you should definitely pay to insure the parcel or they could not be held accountable for any loss, I'd think that the ball is in their court and it is up to them to replace your merchandise or refund your money, and then for them to collect, if possible, from any appropriate source. They may see it differently.

Good luck. I hope things work out in your favor but the parcels I've had go missing along these same lines were just that - missing. If you want to talk to your local USPS people I'm sure they can give you better information than I can.

Re: Need some help with US law/shipment lost problem
Posted by: Harald Runde (---.student.uib.no)
Date: November 13, 2002 11:11AM

Tom!

I sent you some further questions to the adress:

rodmaker@earthlink.net

don`t know if that is your regular e-mail...

Thanks!
Harald

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster