I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom rod building in Idaho
Posted by: Joe Douglas (---.static.vsat-systems.net)
Date: November 17, 2008 02:42PM

This is a little off the normal topics posted here, but I was recently invited to participate in a video aimed at bringing new businesses to our rural county in Idaho. We enjoy a large and diverse recreational base here and have targeted businesses in the recreational industry for recruiting to Clearwater County. The video has been picked up by the State of Idaho and is being publicized as part of their overall campaign to attract new businesses to the state.

Hopefully, it also does its part to advertise custom rod building. It can be viewed at:

[commerce.idaho.gov]

Joe Douglas

Re: Custom rod building in Idaho
Posted by: Matt White (---.den1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: November 17, 2008 04:07PM

Where are you at in Idaho Joe? Boise?

Matt White

Posted by: Joe Douglas (---.static.vsat-systems.net)
Date: November 17, 2008 05:42PM

Matt, No, I'm up in north central Idaho outside of Orofino...on US Highway 12 between Lewiston, Idaho and Missoula, Montana. Right in the heart of the Lewis-Clark trail over the Rockies. I'm actually located 16 miles out of town up in the mountains in a small community called Grangemont. It's only 170 people or so but it does show up on most maps of Idaho. Orofino is the nearest post office.

I would encourage anyone who gets such an opportunity to participate in this sort of video to do so. It looks like it will be good for our county, it's probably good for my business and it should have some benefits for custom rod building as well. The video is also on YouTube and has been getting some viewers there.

Joe Douglas

Posted by: Matt White (---.den1.dsl.speakeasy.net)
Date: November 17, 2008 07:18PM

I grew up in Washington state and went to WSU. Also worked in a small ski and bike shop in Moscow. My buddy and I used to fish for cut throat up north and then use a drift boat down in lewiston/clarkson for steel head. Great times, love it up there.

Matt White

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster