I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

forecast 7 ft 6 in 4 wt
Posted by: Rob Culver (---.66.114.236.madbbs.com)
Date: November 17, 2008 02:54PM

Hello I am looking for input on a forecast 7 ft 6 in 4 wt im looking to build one and was wondering what guides and sizes would be recomended I built on for my son a few years ago but I have lost all my paper work for it. I have bastons sizes guide line but they seem considerably different than the one I built a few years ago. any sujestions will be helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: forecast 7 ft 6 in 4 wt
Posted by: Adam Hansen (---.olympus.net)
Date: November 17, 2008 04:28PM

F764-4
Forecast RX6 Fly Rod Blanks

Component Part Number Part Description
Rod Blank Model # F764-4DB 7'6" 4pc 4wt Travel Fly Rod - Dark Blue
Butt cap: n/a
Reel Seat: U3SKC-SG with U3-RI #U3 Uplocking Shiney Gunsmoke Skeleton with Cap-with Stabilized Wood Rosewood Laminate
Reel Seat Shim: n/a
Grip: FRHW7CA-250/760 7" Fly Grip .250 bore/.760 Reel Seat Cutout "A" Grade Cork
Winding Check: BWC06 Black PVC/Rubber Winding Check .252" I.D.
Hookeeper: HKS Small Stainless Steel Hook Keeper
Tip Top LWHFT4.5 Light Wire Super Hard Chrome Fly Top 4.5 Tube
Guides (see below for size and quantity) LWHSFGP Light Wire Single Foot Fly Guide Super Hard Chrome
Guides (see below for size and quantity) LTCUDUG UD guide with Light PVD TiCH Plating with PDV Blue TiO Coated Zirconium Ring

Guide order from the tip top Guide Guide Placement - In inches from the tip top
1st LWHSFGP3 4.5"
2nd LWHSFGP3 9.5"
3rd LWHSFGP3 15.5"
4th LWHSFGP3 22.5"
5th LWHSFGP4 30.5"
6th LWHSFGP4 39.5"
7th LWHSFGP4 49.5"
8th LTCUDUG12 61.5"

Adam Hansen
Sales Consultant
Batson Enterprises, Inc.
Adam@batsonenterprises.com
Phone: 877-875-2381
Fax: 360-683-3579

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (65.197.242.---)
Date: November 17, 2008 06:38PM

I tend to go with the smallest guides I can pass knots through. My 2003 RX6 has a #10 stripper, #3, #1, than 2/0 SFs to a small tip. I believe they were light wire Pac Bay guides.

Posted by: Bob Balcombe (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: November 18, 2008 01:30PM

I would go with what Adam recomended.. I would also look in to single foot guides.
Good Wraps Bob

Posted by: Rob Culver (---.66.114.205.madbbs.com)
Date: November 19, 2008 06:59AM

Thanks for the help guys I will go with btsons recomendation im not sure im sold on single foot guides yet but maybe it will be something to play with in the future.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster