I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

st. croix blank
Posted by: mike (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 16, 2001 08:42AM

I was wondering what blank is used for the St.Croix lengend ultra rods is it SC lV or something else. thank for any info.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: st. croix blank
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialinx.net)
Date: September 16, 2001 09:29AM

SC IV are the blanks used in the Legend Ultra Series rods.

By the way, I used one of the SC IV 8' 5-weight blanks in a rod I had finished earlier, for the first time yesterday. It is without a doubt the finest casting fly rod I have ever had in my hands. There is nothing it won't do. I don't know if the other SC IV's are this nice, but this one is just plain outstanding. Coupled with the Fuji SIC guides, it will shoot a full fly line with less than 50 feet past the tip. It also casts pretty well close in, with only 15 to 20 feet of 5-weight line extended. I was extremely impressed with it.

Posted by: Jerry (---.kcpt.org)
Date: September 16, 2001 10:10AM

Yes it is the SCIV that St Croix uses for the LU series fly rods. I have built 3 rods on these blanks and bought two factory rods. I agree with Tom some of them are the finest casting rods I have used. The only one I didn't like was the 7'9" 3 pc 3 wt. It was way to soft to my taste.
I just finished a 8 1/2' 4 pc 4 wt and have only cast it (in the yard this morning in my bath robe) and it seems to be one of the best yet. HTH

Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: September 16, 2001 10:24AM

Mike,
SCIV graphite from St. Croix is described as an extraordinary high-performance modulus graphite. Produces extremely lightweght rods with crisp, fast actions and an incredible transfer of power. Also very sensitive.

SCIV used in legend ultra fly series rods is differentiated from SCV grpahite being used in one piece blanks for the legend series of spinning and casting rods. Both these blanks are as indicated very light weight and high performance. The colors of the blanks are spruce matte green and as many agree go to make up an extremely satisfying fly rod.

SCIV blanks come in 2 pc. and 3 or pc. travlel models from 2 wt. up to 12 wt. At last count in 2001 St. Croix offered 38 models to choose from and I believe a few more will be added in 2002.
We are currently receiving many St. Croix blanks to offer our customers as part of their distributor family and are proud to be associated with such fine folks and product. Any further information you would like to know please feel free to contact me at Richard's Rod & Reel, we'll be glad to help if we can.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel Service
Devlin, Ontario, Canada

Posted by: jeff nail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: September 16, 2001 01:20PM

just built 2 scIV rods, a 9' 4wt, and a 9'9" 8wt, for a freind of mine, I only have one comment......Anyone wanna buy a 8'6" 4wt 3pc loomis GL# rod? I'll give you a good deal! the scIV blows it away as far as casting distance and accuracy!

Posted by: HungsNg (199.182.149.---)
Date: September 16, 2001 02:02PM

Jeff N, is your Loomis a GL3?
Hung.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster