I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Custom label goes where?
Posted by: Steve (---.mobile1.al.home.com)
Date: September 15, 2001 05:30PM

I've finally got the stuff now to make my own labels. Now where do I put the label as far as what side of the blank to put it on? I've also started naming my rods. For instance I'm building a Rainshadow fly blank that will be fished under the lights for specks and reds and have named it "Night Stick". The fish wrap rod I'm building will be called "Fish Bat". Would you put the name of the rod toward the angler and the "Custom Built by" label on the bottom side of the rod or what? What do most of you do?

Thanks,
Steve

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Custom label goes where?
Posted by: Eric (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 15, 2001 09:23PM

Steve, I've never named my rods, but I think it's a great idea. I have a similar situation when I build a rod from a G.Loomis blank. It's my understanding for the finished rod to be covered by the Loomis warranty, the Loomis decal must appear on the rod. I put the decal on the side away from the angler, or the underside of the rod, and my label, (Custom built for John Doe by Eric), on the top side. The Loomis decal has the stats for the rod, i.e. line weight, lure weight, etc. and my label adds the personal touch, which I believe should be priority for the angler buying the rod which was built to his specs.

Re: Custom label goes where?
Posted by: William (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 15, 2001 09:33PM

That's a good way to do it. Lots of other places to. I sometimes make a paper decal on my computer. It is disc shaped and fits into the recess on the butt caps I use. The background is colored the same as the blank, the lettering is the color of the wraps. I put a drop of CP on it and smear it over the decal. I let it dry overnight and give it another smear of CP. Let that one dry overnight and then pour in some epoxy finish. LS Supreme is great for this as it releases bubbles so easily. It makes a sort of glass encased inscription on the butt plug/cap. Then I use the regular factory decal on the rod. Just another idea for a neat place to put your name or inscription.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster