I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AllStar Blank Liquidation
Posted by: Andy Dear (---.sub-70-216-157.myvzw.com)
Date: April 22, 2008 11:00PM

Hey guys,
Some of you may know this already, but for those of you who do not, the AllStar Composites facility in Houston Tx. after over 20 years of producing high quality rods and blanks is being shut down, and production moved overseas. All rods sold under the AllStar name will be coming out of a factory in the orient after July 1st.
On a personal note, I was very sad to hear this, not only because I am Texan, and remember the release of the first AllStar rods when I was just a kid in the early 1980's, but because over the last 7 years I have become VERY close friends with many of the folks who run the factory itself.
The upshot to this is that I was in the fortunate position to purchase ALL of the remaining stock of unused first run blanks not used on the final build from the factory in Houston . This is the last time the custom rodbuilder will see American Made blanks out of the AllStar factory in Houston Texas.
Many of you guys associate me with the " AllStar Trash Can Specials" that were a mainstay at the ICRBE in NC every year....well, consider this to be the last AllStar trash can special.
Since I am no longer in the business of selling direct to the end user, the sales on all of these blanks will be run through FishSTicks4U and Bingham Enterprises.

There are over 50 different models available, but quantities are limited...on certain models, VERY limited, so don't wait, now is your chance to own a piece of RodBuilding history.

Best Regards,

Andy Dear
Lamar Fishing

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AllStar Blank Liquidation
Posted by: Ted Morgan (---.qld.bigpond.net.au)
Date: April 23, 2008 03:12AM

The couple All Stars I got a while back are still going strong. Good, straight blanks, well finished. Sad to hear they are shipping production overseas as well. It was bad enough they stopped selling blanks to rod builders after being bought. I suppose either of those 2 suppliers would be able to e-mail a blank list?

Posted by: Phil Richmond (---.fleet.navy.mil)
Date: April 23, 2008 07:33AM

Sad to hear about AllStar... hopefully they'll continue to build a quality product. Thanks for the heads up, order put in with Karen. In my current location and bandwidth, would have never known about them otherwise.

Phil

Posted by: Sharon Johnson (---.res.logixcom.net)
Date: April 23, 2008 10:10AM

It was always a great pleasure to service this fellowship of custom rod builders. I will be at this current e-mail address throughout the summer. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions regarding these blanks.

Sharon Johnson
Operations Manager
All Star Graphite Rods

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 23, 2008 10:15AM

Andy do your distributors have the blanks or are you selling them direct?

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: April 23, 2008 10:16AM

Per Andy's post
"Since I am no longer in the business of selling direct to the end user, the sales on all of these blanks will be run through FishSTicks4U and Bingham Enterprises"

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 23, 2008 10:20AM

You can find what I have remaining of the ALLSTAR blanks on my webisite front page under the heading of Bargain Basement Department.
Quantities are limited --
Thank you,
Karen Hapka
Bingham Enterprises
binghamenterprises@kc.rr.com

The following series of blanks have sold out :
BAT813
BAT782
I have been too busy to get my website updated so I am posting this message here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2008 12:39PM by Bingham Enterprise.

Posted by: Paul Lindsey (---.dsl.okcyok.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 23, 2008 10:24AM

Sorry Mike old age

Paul@soonercustomrod.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster