I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

God Bless America
Posted by: Rich Garbowski (---.voyageur.ca)
Date: September 12, 2001 10:41AM

After hearing all the news of yesterday's Attack on America and Civilizaiton, I just wanted to send a message of heart felt condolences to the vicitims of the heineous attacks on ordinary citizens in New York, Washington, and elsewhere. It's indeed a sad event and very difficult to believe this could happen.

From Canada, our thoughts are with you in hoping for the proper justice to the perpetrators and ongoing sypathies to the losses of the families involved.

Perhaps these messages are on many forums, and not particulary related to the subject at hand, but I am most grieved and moved by this and wish all the best to my American friends, associates, and aquaintences.

Rich
Richard's Rod & Reel Service
Solyrich Custom Rods

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: God Bless America
Posted by: Ed (---.citicorp.com)
Date: September 12, 2001 11:47AM

Unfortunately, I work in Manhattan and my wife just across the street from WTC at the World Financial Center. She was in a training course a few blocks away, but the terror of getting a cell phone ring with no voice on the other end and not being able to call her or anyone because the lines are overloaded is beyond words.

New Yorkers are known to be tough and sometimes callas, but that is only on the outside. When tragedies like this happens, many people band together and are quite helpful. My 2 1/2 mile walk into the affected area was spooky quiet. Some people chatted on the way towards lower Manhattan, but almost everyone that was headed away from there looked liked someone dumped flour on their heads and there was a somber silence. I work in the Citigroup Center (probably a target also) and the blood donation center was jam packed with donors that will assuredly be waiting for hours. My name is on a waiting list and they will call me with a time.

God be with all the victims and their families. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: Clyde Dent (206.62.91.---)
Date: September 12, 2001 12:36PM

Ed,
You are all in our thoughts and prayers. God bless America, indeed.
Clyde Dent

Posted by: Kerry (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 12, 2001 02:06PM

our thoughts on the west coast are with you. I feel so lucky, my daughter was supposed to fly out of seatac for a meeting at the pentagon on tuesday, but for some reason at the last moment it was delayed until wednesday, needless to say her flight didn't leave seatac tuesday morning. I thank god. my heart goes out to all those who were affected by this terrible act of terroorism.

Kerry

Posted by: Coach (---.gnt.com)
Date: September 13, 2001 10:25PM

This ex cracker and family extend our prayers and sympathies to all.

Posted by: Jim Geary (---.plsntvlle1.nj.home.com)
Date: September 16, 2001 05:28PM

The following was forwarded to me:

This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the
Congressional Record:

America: The Good Neighbor

This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts.

None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States. When France was in
danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged
countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?

If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the international lines except Russia fly American Planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon--not once, but several times--and safely home again.

You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here

When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them.
When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time
when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco
earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those.

Stand proud, America! Wear it proudly!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster