I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Drying Motors
Posted by: MR (---.nortelnetworks.com)
Date: August 24, 2001 11:30AM

I am in the process of building additional mechanical rod drying mechanisms. I have researched several companies via the net in an attempt to locate the bare motors themselves. Can anyone direct me to a internet site that sells varios electronic motors. As well, what are opinions of the best RPM's for this purpose. Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Drying Motors
Posted by: John Britt (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: August 24, 2001 12:04PM

You can go to this site and review their catalog as a pdf file,they have numerous motors
[www.allelectronics.com] hope this helps

Posted by: Andy (129.237.146.---)
Date: August 24, 2001 12:32PM

Custom Rodbuilder's Supplies sells nice little AC drying motors. Link is on the left.

Andy

Posted by: Mark Schulte (---.tnt1.valparaiso.in.da.uu.net)
Date: August 24, 2001 02:04PM

I don't know if this helps but I purchased a disco mirror ball motor on @#$%& for 9.00 and mounted a PVC chck to it. Disco was good for something after all!!!

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.mon.centurytel.net)
Date: August 24, 2001 03:20PM

Personaly I am cheap we use old rotisary motors. I never pay over 5.00 dollars for one and they last for ever. I have one that I got over 10 years ago and it is still working. Besides that I have worked it up to turn 5 rods at a time. I find a rpm of about 30/36 work excellant

Posted by: jnail (---.unitelc.com)
Date: August 26, 2001 07:00PM

I am of the rotisary motor school myself, One day at 2 different yard sales,and found one for 75 cents and one for a dollar, well someone else is using those 2 now and they are still going after about 4 years. I haven't found any lately,and had to break down and buy one at home depot for about 28 bucks! highway robery!

Posted by: Steve (---.mobile1.al.home.com)
Date: August 27, 2001 12:09AM

Here's a set up I've seen before from a fly tyer. Take a pvc cap drill the center hole and use the arbor that you would use on your drill for like a buffing wheel or some other type wheel attachment. Next, get a 1/4" union tubing fitting and place a nut and ferrel one the arbor and a nut and ferrel on the motor shaft. Place each end in the union and tighten up the nuts. There ya go! The guy I saw who did it used this setup for his drying jig for rotating flies while they dried. Give it a try!

Good luck,
Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster