I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

needed help w/ NGC
Posted by: Danny Bui (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 10, 2006 05:32AM

hi all,i'm building my first rod so here it go .g-usa b85 mag blank
here is the list that my dealer supply with the guide he think i needed american tackle guide niv-40,niv-25,niv-20 ,niv-16 ,niv-12,nif-10(2piece),nif-8(3 piece) lip spool i have it 61.60 mm,middle of reel seat to tip is 85"1/2 ,54"to intersection point,31"1/2 intersection to tip. Using the concept i have my butt guide @21" from reel seat too close i think ,second guide if i'm using the niv-25 it will be @i28"1/2 from reel seat which is only 7"1/2 from the butt guide too close again i think but if i use niv-20 it will be at 33"from reel seat 12"from butt guide next guide i have niv12@41" 4 guide nif 10@48from reel seat after this i planning to use all nif -8 starting @54"to the tip guide i will needed more guide .i'm little confuse with all these guide that my dealer sell me any help will be greatly appreciated .also is it o.k to jump from 40 to 20 to12 guide size that it ,i'm thinking of using niv-40 as my fist guide then 20 then 12 as my first three guide thank danny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: needed help w/ NGC
Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2006 10:01AM

You're going at this backwards. Select guides based on the line path you desire - don't force the line path to conform to a bunch of pre-selected guides.

Have you read the New Guide Concept Primer on the online library page here? It will put you a lot closer to what's going to work the best. Hopefully it will eliminate the confusion. Read it and come back with specific questions and we'll try to help.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster