I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Texalium Handle Tubing
Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.r09.tncphl.infoave.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 03:56PM

For those of you that have been reading and hearing about the new Texalium Handle tubing that is being manufactured by Lamiglas, we should have our first shipment of this all new handle tubing, in about a week. It is being offered in two outside diameters, one size just under 1" - .980 and one size just slightly over 1" - 1.03. There are five colors being offered, the silver aluminum, green, blue, brown and burgundy, a reddish variation. We will offer the tubing in full 60" tubes or 10", 12" and 14" lengths. You can contact us for more details on this exciting new handle component, that is going to be a hot selling item for custom rods. Give us a call at 931-684-6164 or you can shoot us an e-mail message to us at -- customtackle@united.net

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Texalium Handle Tubing
Posted by: Todd R. Vivian (---.lamiglas.com)
Date: January 09, 2006 04:47PM

I have posted photo's of this new tubing in the photo area under handles. To be honest though the photo's don't do them justice.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.longhl01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 05:09PM

Thank you Bob and Todd, I'll come by and see you in Charlotte. Will call before then to find out about lengths / pricing etc.

Posted by: Steven Libby (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 05:10PM

That looks nice. I'd like to try the Texalium's - do you assemble these like tenesee handles I've seen discussed before? How are they done? Is this discussed somewhere, in one of the RM mags somewhere maybe? The only "tube" type handles I've built with so far are the matrix verde units, but those all had the full handle/kit that has the tube attached over a combined hybrid reel seat/handle assembly. Would these same type of hand/seat assy's be required or do you just slip the tube over and glue to say a foam bushing attached to the blank? It looks like in your photo you are using and AERO comfort grip seat that I've seen but also havent tried, yet.

Date: January 09, 2006 05:23PM

Steven,
There are several ways to assemble these. Flex Coat sells arbors that will fit the ID's of these tubes (22 & 24 mm I believe). The outside diameter of the large tube matches up nicely with the rear of a 16 or 17mm trigger seat. We also have eva butt caps and trim rings made to use with these. The overall weight of one of these handles is considerably less than the Vetre if it is assembled correctly as the wall of this part is considerably less and you don't have the additional parts inside. I also believe arbored correctly it will be more stable.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: BobMcKamey (---.r09.tncphl.infoave.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 05:53PM

Steven -- As Todd suggested, the tubing does require being arbored-up. Arbors attach to the blank and handle tubing attaches to the arbors. We have these available for both diameters of tubing, along with end cap and also a hosel for the front of TN Handle spinning applications.

Bob McKamey -- Custom Tackle Supply
Web-site -- www.customtackle.com

Posted by: Mike Barkley (---.nap.wideopenwest.com)
Date: January 09, 2006 05:54PM

Looks like you have a winner here, Todd!!!!! Can't wait to play with them!

Mike (Southgate, MI)
If I don't want to, I don't have to and nobody can make me (except my wife) cuz I'm RETIRED!!

Date: January 09, 2006 06:03PM

Well Mike,
If you can't get any before Charlotte there will be plenty there.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Pete Sprague (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: January 09, 2006 07:46PM

The Vetre Matrix handles are thin walled and use very small bushings. If this is lighter than they are I'll certainly be interested. The Matrix handles are featherweight so these must be helium weight!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 10, 2006 09:15AM

Todd - I sent you an email - important. If you do not get it please let me know and I will resend. The attachment is large and may time out. I will reduce the size of the file and resend.

Bill Stevens

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---.va-ashburn0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 10:20PM

Seen some samples of the tubing today. Looks like the same material Angler's always had, just different colors. The green is the dark black forest green color Lamiglas has put on their Jim Teeny and some of the IM 700 blanks for the last few years. Looks like the burgundy will go well with the XMG 50 blanks.

Date: January 11, 2006 04:23PM

Spencer,
where did you see samples? I have just sent out the color samples in the last few days. What you might have seen were the carbon tubes coated the different colors.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Anonymous User (Moderator)
Date: January 11, 2006 05:22PM

Right, the Texalium has a different look/texture to it than the regular carbon tubes. Much more "glitz" if if you want to use the word.

Date: January 11, 2006 05:44PM

Yesterday I got the first run of the red tubes........I liked the blue best before but this red is hot......almost a ruby w/metallic background.

Todd

Regards,
Todd Vivian
Mud Hole Custom Tackle

todd@mudhole.com

Posted by: Randy Parpart (Putter) (---.propel.com)
Date: January 11, 2006 10:57PM

Todd, I'm sure glad that I didn't get in a hurry building on my white CTS blank. This material is gonna look great on it for my main handle. See ya in Charlotte; need to pick yer brain a bit more on blanks...

Putter
Williston, ND

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster