I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Handle Repair
Posted by: BigAl (---.tnt7.athens.ga.da.uu.net)
Date: August 14, 2001 08:41PM

I've got a problem with the top part of a rod handle. When placing the reel on the handle, when I tighten down on the reel from the top, the handle is slipping on the last thread and will not tighten down. I need to know how I can replace this without having to take all of the eyes off the rod, replace the top of the handle, and then put all the eyes back on the rod. I would appreciate any advice that you can give me on the problem.
Thanks,
Big Al

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Handle Repair
Posted by: Russell (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 14, 2001 09:06PM

Is the seat bottoming out or are the threads worn? Either way it sounds like you may have to put a new seat on there. You can do it from the rear and only be out a rear grip. You'll also have to size everything to go back over the butt so some shims will be needed for everything to fit properly when back in place. If I have left out any possible fixes I hope others will put in their .02 worth.

Posted by: Robert Balcombe (REELMAN) (---.mon.centurytel.net)
Date: August 15, 2001 01:32AM

It sounds like you may have to replace the old reelseat. If you take off the butt cork you well have to shim the new cork with a cord or thread to build up the rod for the new cork

Posted by: BigAl (---.tnt7.athens.ga.da.uu.net)
Date: August 15, 2001 04:55AM

The blank run though the reelseat and the real is place right on top on the blank. It then has a place to tighten down the real. You can see the blank both on the top and bottom on the reelseat so I hope that I will be about to get that part off. Thanks for the help.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster